Written at 18:11:34 on Monday, 25th April, 2016.
1. Members will have unlimited, all-day access to The Sydney Radio Collector subject to the Pleasure of the Owner and the provisions of this Acceptable Use Policy (AUP).
2. The Owner; Administrators and Moderators, where duly appointed; reserve the right to edit or delete comments and/or other submitted content which contravene the AUP. Where this is done a brief reason for such action may be given at the bottom of the comment in question.
1. Membership of this website is welcomed from interested people from all over the world. Whilst this website primarily pertains to the valve radio era in Australia, contributions and enquiries from members regarding any valve equipment is encouraged.
2. Membership must belong to natural people and not robots. Automated registrations are not permitted and when detected, such accounts will be closed without warning or explanation.
3. Each person is permitted to open only one account. Subsequent registrations will be closed regardless of whether that account has yet been put to use or not.
4. When applying for membership you must tell the truth about yourself with respect to your location and e-mail address. Providing false particulars is grounds for account closure. E-mail addresses must be valid and working, with sufficient disc space for new e-mail, should we need to contact you. Your spam settings must be set to accept messages from the sydneyradiocollector.com domain. You must provide your location to within 100km of your exact location. This means providing the nearest large town, the state or territory (or if outside Australia, town plus state, territory, province or county) and the country you live in.
5. Usernames can be your real name or a pseudonym (nickname) at your option. Usernames must be G-rated as people of all ages visit this website. Members selecting usernames containing filth, anything religious or political, or otherwise objectionable content will be banned without warning or explanation.
6. Usernames may not contain numerals, special characters (fullstops, underscores, etc). Only a combination of letters and/or spaces are permitted.
7. No more than one space character is permitted between each word in a username. (To help prevent impersonation issues)
8. Your choice of username shall not be for the purpose of impersonating another member, staff member or government authority. Usernames such as Admin, Moderator or Police are prohibited regardless of whether you hold such positions here or elsewhere.
9. Usernames shall not contain amateur radio callsigns. (You may post your callsign on your profile page when this feature is offered)
10. Usernames shall not contain e-mail addresses, uniform resource locators, domain names or telephone numbers.
11. Passwords must be at least eight characters long, upto a maximum of thirty two characters, and may include a combination of letters (upper and lower case), numerals and special characters.
12. Passwords shall not contain obvious strings of characters such as your username (spelt forwards or backwards) the brand name of a radio, the names of key parts of a radio or the name of your dog. The stronger your password is, the less likely it is that someone will be successful at stealing your account.
13. With respect to Clause 12 (Becoming a member), relating to the strength of your password, members shall be solely responsible for their choice of password. If a member's account is hijacked as a result of a password that contravenes Clause 12 (Becoming a member) or is otherwise, in our opinion, a weak password then the member concerned will be solely responsible for the fact that any information they have submitted in their application for membership may well fall into the hands of the hijacker. The member concerned may also be asked to compensate the Owner for any financial loss arising from a breach of Clause 12 (Becoming a member).
14. Accounts that are hijacked will be suspended once such an event has been detected. Suspended accounts will only be returned to the appropriate member once that member has satisfied the Owner that they are the correct account holder.
15. Passwords used by members on this website should not be used on any other website and vice-versa.
1. Comments shall not contain material which is not owned by the member posting it except for the following reasons:-
2. Comments shall not be posted for the intention of causing a heated argument to start. (Kick the ball but not the player)
3. Comments shall not contain foul language, insults, hatred or racism.
4. Comments shall not contain links to material that is not relevant to the topic or that is not relevant to posts replying to another post.
5. Comments shall be written in clear, concise English. Correct capitalisation, grammar and punctuation is expected so that other members can read and understand what is being said. Acronyms and slang should be kept to a minimum. Posts that lack these qualities will be edited for clarity and repeated lack of attention in this regard may lead to the member being warned.
6. Comments specifically pertaining to religion, politics or other potentially extremist causes shall not be posted on any forum here.
7. Comments posted in one thread shall not be repeated in subsequent postings or posted in other threads. This is called cross-posting and in such cases all repeated posts will be deleted and, if necessary, the original post may be moved to a more relevant thread.
9. Comments shall not be posted for the purpose of soliciting contact details from other members.
10. Note: ZERO TOLERANCE TO SPAMMING: Posts shall not be made for the purpose of advertising (spamming). No warnings will be given. Any post that is deliberate spam or appears to be automatically posted will be deleted and the offending member permanently banned. If in doubt, e-mail the administrator and seek a more exacting clarification or read some of the long standing posts to interpret the precedent that has been set. It's worth the extra effort to avoid the embarrassment of a ban.
The owner of this website will reserve the right to refer any matter to the Police or any other Statutory Authority he deems fit with respect to the following:-
1. Where a person uses this website for the purpose of stalking, menacing or harassing another person.
2. Where a person uses this website for the purpose of running a scam or other activity with the intention of trading fraudulently with another person.
3. Where a person uses this website to breach any State or Commonwealth law, regulation or code of practice.
4. Where a person uses this website to plan for or become involved with any other criminal activity.
5. Where a person attempts to or does gain access to any part of this website they should reasonably know they are not entitled to access. This would include but not be limited to hacking, cracking, exploiting any weakness in the system or other means.
When it comes to addressing criminal activity, there will be a ZERO TOLERANCE approach - everyone has been warned.